Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Successful Surgery!!!

Well, Pegasus' head has been successfully attached to his body.  I had a hard time keeping the head tight to the body during the glue up stage, and I was left with a thin open crack.  With a little help from some wood filler, the crack is gone and the surgery was a success.  Once I put a little paint on him, you won't even see the scar.

Tip from the Stump:  if something goes wrong on a carving, chances are there is a way to fix it.  Do some research, ask a friend, or send me an email.  I would be happy to give you some ideas to try.

His wings are roughed out and ready for some detail.  I plan on spending some time tonight getting them ready to be attached as well.  After that, it's on to the tail and then a really nifty base.




I hope to get him all finished up by this weekend.  There are a few more pics on The Carving Bench page.

I haven't received much feedback about me hosting a tutorial, so if you are interested, leave me a comment or drop me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment