Thursday, May 31, 2012

I'm Back!!!


Wow!  Has it really been that long since I've posted?  I can’t believe you all are still hanging around here, but, I’m glad that you are.  I offer a +huge thank you to all of The Old Stump supporters out there.

Now that the baby is starting to sleep a little better at night and the remodel work on my girls’ bedroom is finished, I’m ready to get back to some serious carving and knife making.  As you may have noticed, I have made a few improvements to The Old Stump Blog.  If you look up at the top of this page at the page list, you will see the addition of two new pages and the deletion of two others. 

First of all, the Carving Bench page was removed from the Blog.  I hardly ever posted any pictures there since I usually posted them here on the Home page.  I also removed the Picture Gallery page.  Now, don’t worry about not being able to view my finished carvings.  All I really did was improve the page with bigger pictures, added descriptions of each piece, provided better links to more photographs of my carvings, and changed the name to Carving Gallery.  I hope you will stop by and have a new look.  I wouldn’t mind if you purchased a carving or two either as I’m quickly running out of shelf space to display them and would much rather send them off to a new home where they can be appreciated.

The second page that I added was a Custom Orders page.  My hope is that this page will be “the” place to go for ordering a custom carving knife to your own specifications.  It shows examples of the different blades and handles available and gives an in-depth description of each.  There is also a cost breakdown available showing the prices for the different styles of knives.  All knives fall between the $30.00 and $40.00 mark and will be made to your own specifications.

Now, it’s time to get out the toolbox, strop a few knives and start making some chips.  Once again, thank you to everyone for your patience and the support that you give me and The Old Stump Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment