Thursday, June 28, 2012

The King Gets His Colors

Well, here he is in all of his majesty.  The regal old monarch is full of attitude, but his eyes reflect the kindness with which he uses to rule his subjects.  I think I captured exactly what I was going for in this piece.  The crown was probably the funnest part to make.  It's made out of a piece of copper flashing cut out and soldered together.  The studded jewels are the heads off of some round brads that were soldered into place as well.  I set it on his head in a dapper, slightly-ascue fashion that I think gives this piece some real character.



There are many more photographs on the Carvings Gallery Page if you care to stop in and have a better look.  I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment or send me an email.  Thanks for dropping by.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I love it! Good detail, great original idea. Love your carvings!
    Eric Owens

    ReplyDelete