Friday, October 15, 2010

Sometimes Chores Get in the Way

If you have ever had the opportunity of owning your own home, you know that sometimes the chores around the house and the yard get in the way of really important stuff like carving and knife making.  For the past week I have been breaking my back on a landscape project that I have been working on in my garden and haven’t had the time to make a single knife or do much carving at all.  With my outdoor escapades coming to an end I hope to get back onto the carving wagon and finish up this piece that I have been working on for it seems like eternity.
Tip from the Stump: take time to carve often, even if it is for short periods of time.  Carving often will cause your skills to improve and keep your ideas fresh in your mind.  You can also avoid losing interest in a project if you keep working at it since you will finish it in a relatively short period of time.

If my current carving works out like I have envisioned, it should be one of my best pieces.  I have put a few progress photos on The Carving Bench page and I plan on spending most of the evening working on it, so I’ll keep you all posted.
Oh, I forgot to mention that I have posted a bunch more knife photos in the Knife Gallery for you to look through and drool over.  Remember that I would be happy to make anyone a custom made knife to your specifications.  With Christmas coming up, put your orders in early to avoid the rush.  Details are in the Knife Gallery.
Well, back out to the garden. . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment