Friday, February 25, 2011

The Sorcerer is Finished!!!

Well, he's finally finished.  Yippee!!!  I have to admit, I really had fun with this one.  Sometimes putting a carving into a scene can get pretty time consuming, but I found that I enjoyed every minute of it.  This is a pretty big piece standing 16-1/2" tall.  I needed it big in order to get the details that I wanted to include.  I think it turned out better than I expected.  Here's a couple of pictures:




I think it's the details that make this piece special.  I know it's kind of hard to read the labels on the bottles and the titles of the books, so here they are:
  • Book Titles:
    • Classical Wand Waving
    • Ancient Runes
    • House Train Your Familiar
    • Bats, Bugs, & You
    • Conjuring 101
  • Bottle Labels:
    • Troll Livers
    • Puree of Toad
    • Bat Guano
    • Liquid Gold
    • Dragon's Blood
I know they are all kind of silly, but I think they add to the charm of the piece. 

Anyway, there are many more photos on the Picture Gallery page, so stop in and take a look.  Leave a comment and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. How do you and Lynn Doughty ever get such small lettering on the piece?

    I am amazed!

    ReplyDelete