Friday, July 1, 2011

More Time in the Shop

I sure love to spend time in my shop and one of my most favorite things to do is make knives.  It's truly satisfying making something beautiful and useful at the same time.  I find it therapeutic and no matter how bad my day may have gone, when a knife turns out as beautiful as the ones in this picture, it just puts the world back into perspective.



The top knife has a 2" Rough-Out Katana blade and a stubby handle made out of apricot.  The grain in that apricot is simply beautiful.  The middle knife is a 1-1/2" All-Purpose Katana blade with a peach handle.  I like the clean look of the natural finish on peach and the wood smells fantastic.  The bottom knife has a 1-1/4" All-Purpose Cleaver blade and a peach handle.  The Cleaver Style blade is a favorite of those who like the shape of the Stanley utility knife, but want a permanent, more comfortable handle.  It's a nice assortment and I sure had fun making them.

You can take a closer look at these knives and many others in the Knife Gallery Page.  Thanks for taking a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment