Saturday, August 27, 2011

Farmer Brown

It's been a while since I've posted a finished carving, so I though that I would show you my latest piece.

You may remember this guy from a post a little while back before he had any paint on him.  I decided that an old farmer had better have a beat-up old straw hat to look right, so here's what I came up with.  I also gave him a pair of round glasses and a piece of straw sticking out of his mouth for a finishing touch.


Overall, I'm pretty pleased with how he turned out.  I'm also working on improving my photography technique.  The light is still a little harsh, but at least the colors look sharper and truer to the real colors.  Stop by the Picture Gallery (click the tab at the top of this page) for several more photos of this old codger.  I hope you like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment