Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Archer Bust Tutorial Completed

The final section of the Carving The Archer Bust tutorial is now available for download.  In the final segment we paint the carving, assemble it, and apply the finishing touches.  Here are a couple of pictures of the final piece with many more pics available on the Picture Gallery page.



I have truly enjoyed putting this tutorial together and I hope that those of you who have been following along with me have enjoyed it too and maybe learned some tips along the way.  If you haven't tried your hand at this carving, I strongly encourage it.

Tip from the Stump: a carver should be constantly challenging his/her abilities in order to improve.  Something may seem too difficult to accomplish at first, but with some time and persistence, you just might surprise yourself.

Here's a link to the final segment of the tutorial "Painting the Archer Bust".

Painting the Archer Bust

The only compensation that I ask for from this free tutorial is that if you give it a try, that you send me a couple of pics of your completed piece.  If I get enough viewer pics, and if the owners of the pics sent in agree, I thought that it might be fun to put together a viewer's gallery to show off your pieces of art.

If you would like to own the original "The Archer" piece, or any of my carvings for that matter, it is available for purchase with details on the Picture Gallery page.  Just click the tab at the top of this page to go there.

I have also added a new tab at the top of the page where all tutorial links are found in one convenient location.

1 comment:

  1. This is going to be a busy week so I probably won't be able to check out the painting tutorial until next week.

    But, the results are great. The color is very real and not "cartoonish" like they can sometimes be.

    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete