Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Archer Bust Tutorial - Making the Archer's Bow

We finished up with all of the carving in the previous part of the tutorial, Carving the Archer's Quiver, but I wanted to give our carving a little shot in the arm to put it over the top.  What is an archer without a bow?  Just a guy walking around with arrows I guess.  So, in this section we will make a really cool bow for our Archer to show off with.  Here's a look at what we are going to accomplish.




I really love to carve, but I also have a whole lot of fun with making the metal attachments that I add to my pieces.  They really give my sculptures a lot of added interest.  I hope you enjoy this tutorial as much as I had making it.  Just follow the link below to download part five of Carving the Archer's Bust.

Making the Archer's Bow

No comments:

Post a Comment